Friday, September 5, 2014

#SEPTEMBERPROJECT : OOTD #1

Hi guys!!!

Omg I need to apologize to all of you for the late posting. I haven't been feeling well in the past few days so I couldn't really find any time to update the blog... >__< I'm so sorry!

So anyway, it's the 5th day into September now!! I'm really excited because my birthday is on the 28th, HAHA. I'll be finally turning 18! I mean, I don't think it means much if you don't like drinking or clubbing or buying M18 doujins or watching M18 movies... but I'm turning 18 anyway. Hee. :D

I've so far gotten one makeup tutorial down, that'll be up on my blog tomorrow! Before I went on to the makeup tutorial I thought it's be nice to share with you guys photos from my photoshoot ALSO my coordinate breakdown for the day.

This would be OOTD #1, which the makeup I used for this look will be taught in the tutorial that will be up tomorrow!

Interested to know how I match my clothes and where I get them? Well, read on!!


#SEPTEMBERPROJECT

OOTD #1 : CASUAL ADULT GIRLY

Photo: vanGrafique

Macaron Shirt: WEGO x AMOYAMO
Shorts: Unbranded
Mesh Skirt: Unbranded
Necklace: Syrup.
Other Accessories: Unbranded
Socks: Unbranded
Cross Platforms: CANDY STRIPPER

The shoot was done at the old train tracks at Bukit Timah area, near the old King Albert's Park. When my photographer gave me this location, the location gave me this really soft, natural feel. Because the location was technically a place of memories of Singapore's history, I also felt that it was really nostalgic.

It gave off a vibe that it was a place where older people of our generation (working adults now!) would return, reminiscing about the past, their first love, things they've lost, things they just want to remember for a day.

I wanted to portray that feeling through my coordinate for the photoshoot, so I went for something a bit (much more) different compared to my usual styling. 

Photo: vanGrafique

Soft, pastel colours is a must for a coordinate like this. I chose WEGO x AMOYAMO collaboration macaron t-shirt because it has a really casual cut, yet sophisticated design.


AMO has a thing for European, especially French style designing which I in particular love a lot. I'm a big fan of her own fashion line, Ehyphen Bonbon as well. Although I love her other fashion line Lunatic Lemony Lollipop that's more of a halloween and party style. Haha. 

This shirt is from a pretty old collection so I'm not sure if you can still find it in the real stores! Of course, if you're a cheapo there's always another alternative for it.

Taobao Link:

I didn't include the shorts I used, but you can pretty much use any white shorts you want for this case! The shirt itself is pretty long, and covers my shorts anyway. xD Just try to avoid materials such as denim because it might abit too hardy.

For the mesh skirt, this is actually a goodie I got from a Fukubukuro (Lucky Bag) of one of my favourite Taobao stores. I was contemplating on buying it on it's own and then it came in the Fukubukuro. Whee :D

The material and the way it's gathered around the elastic band, and to top it all off the lacing of the ends give a flowy, romantic feel to the whole coordinate. Lace also has a certain degree of sophistication to it, which in this case fits the theme of the coordinate perfectly. 


This version of the mesh skirts they sell is already sold out, unfortunately! However those who wish to try out the mesh skirt fashion can still consider these other 2 editions of mesh skirts that the store offers :) I'll leave the links below!

Taobao Links:

When choosing accessories for a sophisticated girly style, try going for soft, cream colours or accessories with gold accents. Silver accents usually give off a hardier and punk feel, so try to avoid having any as much as possible.

Going minimalist is also very important because you don't want to look too gaudy, basically.

Photo: vanGrafique

I actually have 2 versions of this necklace. The bulk of it is lace, which makes it really annoying whenever the ribbon unties but it's a very gorgeous piece nevertheless! Although I personally do not follow the brand syrup., they have a wide range of girly clothings best suited for those who love the cute teenage style.


I bought this necklace from the same store I got my mesh skirt from. Highly recommended for those love chokers! Depending on how you wear it it can easily transform from choker to necklace ♪

Taobao Link:


The stores where I bought these accessories offer a wide range of stuff ranging from punk to decora and not to mention cheap stuff (who doesn't love cheap stuff? XD). Some of them are handmade as well, so each item you could say is really made with a lot of love ♥ Do give them a try!

Taobao Links:

Photo: vanGrafique

For socks, shoes and bag, explore your closet! There's really no hard say in what you have to have or wear in a coordinate, it's all about mixing and matching what's new and what's old to get the perfect new coordinate for your closet ★ So to all those want to try this style, try look into yyour closet and find out what's usable to create the same romantic, sophisticated coordinate ♪ 

So many things happened while I was writing this my charger spoilt then my power point spoilt so now I'm typing from my phone /crey

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this, have a good night everyone! I will have my first makeup tutorial up tomorrow at the same time and following that I will do a post on some clothes and accessories I've bought recently online. 

Seeya!!

♥~Yumi.

No comments:

Post a Comment