Sunday, September 7, 2014

#SEPTEMBERPROJECT : MAKEUP #1

Hello guys! As usual I'm late by a day again /cries

Thank you for reading the first post of September Project! I hope you got a few tips from there, if not a few good stuff to buy haha :3

Here's the first along awaited makeup tutorial! I'm going to be starting with 3 of my daily eyemakes. If you guys know me or follow my Instagram you'll probably know that I dress up to school on a near daily basis (unless I get really freaking tired in which that case I would wear a mask instead).

To those who are looking for a suitable makeup style for you cute-sey coordinates, here's one for you! I'm very inspired by AMO, the Japanese Harajuku Model in terms of girly fashion. In her looks she always has a really dreamy yet adult-like feel which I love to re-create. 

Photo: Love Drug Store x AMO Collaboration

AMO's eyemake is all about natural; brown and pink toned eyeshadows, brown eyeliner, brown falsies. Other trademarks in her look is her pouty pink lips, straight eyebrows and of course, full blast on the blush.

So here's my take on how to achieve a look like AMO! I'll be skipping the mascara and falsies, because after all this is a daily eyemake tutorial and I hate wearing those to school. I'll also leave some suggestions down below on what I used for each part of my makeup tutorial, but it's really up to you to play around with what you have to recreate this eyemake!

Have fun!!

#SEPTEMBERPROJECT

MAKEUP #1: CASUAL ADULT GIRLY















What I used;

1. SilkyGirl Blockbuster Eye Palette

(Not available in stores anymore)

For this look, I used:

Orange-toned brown eyeshadow, 2nd from top for my base eyeshadow (Step 1)
Chocolate brown eyeshadow, 3rd from top for 1/3 of the outer lids (Step 2)

2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

(Available at any Sephora stores)

For this look, I used:

Pink-toned highlighter BOOTYCALL for centre of my lids (Step 3)
Grey-toned brown TEASE to accentuate under 1/3 of my lower lashes (Step 4)
Cream colour highlighter FOXY for my waterline and browbone. (Step 8 & 9)

3. Koji Dolly Wink Pencil Eyecolor Cream Glitter

(Available at Watsons Singapore)

I used this to highlight along the tear duct. (Step 5)

4. Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Brown

(Available at Watsons Singapore)

I used this for the base eyeliner. (Step 6)

5. Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Eyeliner in Pink

(Special Edition Colour. Still available at Watsons!)

I used this for my second layer of eyeliner. (Step 7)

6. Candy Doll Shading Powder

(Available at Watsons Singapore and BHG)

I used this to contour the sides of my nose (Step 10); as well to contour my face!

7. Candy Doll Cheek Colour in Pink Flamingo

(Available at Watsons Singapore and BHG. 
They've ceased manufacturing for this version, get yours quick!!)

I used this for my blusher.

To achieve AMO's full-blast blusher look, use a more compact blush brush to apply on the cheek colour generously. If you have a longer face unlike AMO's, try sweeping the blush vertically downwards as well. It creates the illusion of a rounder, cuter face!

8. Koji Dolly Wink Mascara in Brown

(Available at Watsons Singapore)

For me, I used 01 Long for my lashes. However, if you own 02 Volume, go ahead and experiment and see if it fits you better!

9. EYEMAZING x AMOYAMO Eyelashes No. 813 in Rose Chocolat

(Available at BHG)

I used these falsies for this look; it gives an overall natural feel plus it's heavier on the outer section, which creates the illusion of longer eyes instead of bigger eyes. However, if you have small eyes you may want to invest in brown eyelashes which are heavy on both the outer and middle section.

10. Etude House Dear Darling Tint in 02 Real Red 

(Available at Etude House)

I used this for my lips, but only applied this on the inner part of the lips. Use your fingers to blend out the colour to give your lips a gradient colour!

11. Etude House Dear My Enamel Gloss in 02 Super Shiny Pink

(Available at Etude House)

Lastly, I applied this all over my lips to give my lips a fuller, pouty pink feel!


And that's it from me for the first makeup tutorial! I'm sorry that I did not do a full one inclusive of falsies, blush and lips! I don't usually put those on a daily basis...but I did leave a few tips in the descriptions of the products, so please take a look if you're interested!

If you ever try out this look, please do tag me @Inamura_Yumi on Twitter because I'd look to see other people's take on this eyemake! And with that, I will see you in my next blogpost.

Thank you for reading the second post for #SeptemberProject! 



♥~Yumi.

No comments:

Post a Comment