Sunday, September 8, 2013

August 2013 Japan Trip: Lives, Shopping, Friends, Loads of Fun! Part 1

I'm back! Missed me? *lol* It's only been a few days since my last update, pff.

So yes. Finally, after days and days of procrastination...I present to you...MY TRIP TO JAPAN!

...Well Part 1 at least because I realized I have so many pictures to share I don't think I can cram it all into 1 post @_@

So yea! Are you ready to fly down a trip of memories with me? I'll share with my itinerary, pictures and some of my thoughts of each day as we progress by Day 1...Day 2...and so on~

Without further ado, let's begin~!!

DAY 1 : TAKE-OFF & ROPPONGI HILLS

I took Delta for my plane to Japan, and the flight timings are crazy early in the morning. But I guess it's good since we reach Japan earlier in the afternoon instead of evening! *lol* But yep. My flight was at 5AM, so by 3AM I had to reach the airport already for check-in. The system broke down that day so check-in was crazy slow...=A=

Changi Airport whee~! 

Outfit of the Day. Because I was on the plane for 7 hours, I went with something simple.

LOOK AT MY TIRED FACE OMG HAHAHA I drew my brow too high whoops

Bye Singapore!!!

Pretty sky before sunrise~

The Sun is rising! SO PRETTY AHHHH

After the Sun has fully risen. The sky is so blue!

I reached Japan at about 1.20PM Japan time! The...weather wasn't very much different compared to Singapore. So different from the last time when I first went there 3 years ago (in winter). I was dying of the cold :'D

Waiting for the Limousine Bus to pick me up~ heheh.

I stayed at Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro for this trip. The location is wonderful, only about a 5 minutes walk from the station's South Gate ☆ Nearby there's LUMINE and TOBU departmental store too~ As well as FamilyMart and Mos Burger, LOL (where most of my food all come from.)

A few shots of the room

Comfy bed! ♡

The view from the window! Buildings everywhere, but a small rooftop garden just outside

We rested for about an hour before we made our way down to Roppongi Hills for Bon Odori! I was super excited HAHAHA. A Natsu Matsuri out of Singapore xP But before that, my mum and I had to buy PASMO cards to use...

LOOK I EVEN HAVE MY NAME ON IT YUMI INAMURA AWW

I hope I get to use my card again sometime. Heh ☆

Waiting for the train~

Because Roppongi wasn't on the Yamanote line, Mazu was afraid we'd get lost since it's only our first day, lol. My mum was pretty overwhelmed by the number the train lines...I felt okay though! Probably since I did backpacking with my cousins 3 years ago.

These are the Japanese Police Dept's mascots can you believe it

We've arrived at Roppongi Hills!!

Really cool giant spider sculpture in Roppongi Hills

We're finally here! Bon Odori!

Bon Odori in real time Japan is a bit different from what we see in the anime, lol. Or maybe it's because this is a Bon Odori in a not really open area, that's why it feels rather odd! Oh, there were so many food stores. Every single store was selling beer too =v= 

You know about goldfish catching in Japan? I think it was prohibited for this Bon Odori, but the smart organizers replaced the goldfish with toy moving fish! Pretty cool, eh? I didn't take a picture of it though. Neither did I play because everyone who was playing was younger than 10...apparently I easily looked 20+ in Japan, imagine how embarrassing it would be.  (⌒_⌒;)

I WANT IT D8

TV Asahi's store is here too! Their mascot is so cute.

Charlie aka. Shoucolate! She's in Japan for the Alice Nine Anniversary Live as well ☆

I ate scallops from this store! Also I forgot hotate was scallops at the same moment I wanted to order.
It was embarrassing.

Super delicious *^* My mum said it was salty but it was just nice for me ♥

More of TV Asahi's mascot! So adorable!!

Merchandise...but I'm not going to spend my money on these!

As soon as I thought Bon Odori was getting a bit boring for me, I heard the taiko drums...
The performance of the night started ☆ I was really excited, haha! It was really cool because compared to in Singapore...

Special area put up for the drummers!

I like that guy's hat.

Look at the dancers! They practically dance in front of you! 

It felt really lively ☆ The dancers shouting and all, too!

That's how I spent Day 1 in Japan. It was fun going to a Bon Odori. I was really tired though, after a long flight...Day 2 was going to be really taxing on me too, shopping and live!

I also realized that this post is rather long already so I'll leave it as it is for now ☆ Part 2 will come tomorrow! I promise! I will be talking about my shopping experience in Shibuya, Speed Disk Live on DAY 2 and my Alice Nine Anniversary Live experience on DAY 3. Stay tuned okay!

See you soon!





♥~Yumi.





No comments:

Post a Comment