Saturday, February 9, 2013

CNY Eve: Dinner with family ♥

HEYHO~

So I guess I'm here today to haunt all you guys :) Hello dear readers~ ♥♥

Went out with my family today for dinner at Al Forno. In case you don't know Al Forno, it's one of the few authentic Italian restaurants in Singapore!!


I have quite a history with this restaurant ovo In the meaning that I've been here quite a few times...long time ago, there used to be a dress code for Al Forno. I think the first time I went was back in Primary School! I was forced to wear a dress because you had to wear formal if you wanted to eat there. How horrible was that for a ultra tomboy like me back then. :(

Anyways, here's a sneak peek of a few stuff we had for the night :3 


DON'T THE PIZZAS LOOK GORGEOUS? Here's a fun fact about Al Forno. The pizzas are traditionally baked in a brick pizza oven :D Yes, I mean this kind.


For all those who find me lame now, I'M SORRY ;A; I MEAN IS IT NOT FASCINATING!? /shotshotshot

Getting on to the food~ :3

Prosciutto & Mozzarella di Bufala
Ham and Buffalo Cheese

...Yep just like the description says. Buffalo cheese? CHEESE MADE FROM BUFFALO MILK. ialwaysthoughtbuffaloswereonlymaleididnotknowtheycouldproducemilk/shot

The ham was...kinda salty? But isn't ham always salty!? XD haha. The buffalo cheese was good! It looks like ice cream doesn't it? Hehe. The taste wasn't too overpowering, which was good for me cause I can't take cheese that is too strong :( Don't like it.

Parmigiana (V)
Oven baked layers of eggplant with mozzarella, parmesan cheese, basil and tomato sauce

Gosh. I have to put it this way...I don't usually enjoy eggplant but when I do I LOVE IT.. It's AWESOME!! A must try if you ever go to Al Forno for dinner :) Sorry if I arrange my food in a super unappetizing way 8'D imeani'mgonnaeatitanyway...:(

Saute di Vongole
Clams tossed with garlic, white wine, parsley and olive oil

Not too fantastic if I say so myself. The clams had a really fishy taste. :\ But I still love seafood anyway, so I ate lots of it :) The dressing is awesome though! ...White wine heheh. No wonder I'm still awake x)

Pizza Al Forno
Pizza with tomato, cheese, sausages, ricotta cheese and spinach

I didn't eat this. Hehehe. :x But according to my mummy, it was not bad :D Hehhh~

Prosciutto e Funghi
Pizza with tomato, mozzarella cheese, ham and mushrooms

Super love this pizza! It's amazing :) I mean who doesn't love ham and mushrooms? The crust of the pizza is just right too, not too squishy but not too hard either :) Must eat if you go to Al Forno for dinner :) Heheh. ^ ^~


Panzarotti Classici (V)
Oven baked stuff pasta with ricotta cheese and mushrooms in tomato sauce

...The pasta looks like wanton 8D /shot HAHAHA I'M SERIOUS OKAY. It's so cute Unfortunately a girl like me doesn't know how to appreciate it :( The stuffing has a truffle taste, which I personally cannot handle...but that's why the tomato sauce is there in abundance! :) To block off the truffle taste :3 My brother added a few drops of Tobasco on my pasta as well...so it was kinda spicy. But it helped block off the taste too so :D . Try not to get this if you're like me though~

Limone Gelato

On to the desserts! Obviously...I had LEMON ICE CREAM!! ♥♥ raburabu >w< It was incredibly sweet. :D Don't get me wrong though, it does indeed taste like the real lemon itself :) My taste buds are just kinda screwed up so lemon to me is sweet. Everyone else in my family says it's super sour though :( Sighh.

Also, my brother tricked me into eating the lemon skin as well. He's so mean D: Kept on going on about how it could be eaten too..he even bit off a small bit to convince me! And yes, I ate a bit...it's bitter!! Haha. My bro sucks for doing that. So I gave my other bro some lemon zest to ease my pain. He bit on it then spat it out xP Hehe.

I guess, that's all for the food. Thanks for reading all my rambles guys hehe. I'm surprised if you actually read this far :O Anyway, just a few more pictures before I end this post :)

Selca of myself :3 #nomake ~~

...Picture of me taking a selca of myself. Credits to my 3rd brother. I hate you. LOL

My 1st brother with his napkin HAHAHAHAHAHA I've got awesome brothers ♥♥ Love my family :)

...So yeah! I guess that's all for today. Thanks so much for reading my post Do recommend Al Forno to your parents for dinner someday! It's really worth it, even though the price is abit ... yea. Hehe :P And if you do go there... DON'T miss out on their pizzas. ;)

If you guys want to know more, you can always check out their website here:


That's all for today guys :3 I need to sleep soon...Lots of CNY visiting to do from tomorrow onwards!

Seeya And Happy Chinese New Year!! x)





♥~Yumi.









No comments:

Post a Comment